My kitchen remodel so far.

John Pollman

No wonder I've been so tired lately. I have three more boxes to make for the island. Then doors and drawers for all of it. Then at least four coats of paint on everything. Although very tired, I'm feeling pretty good about what I've been able to accomplish thus far. These are fabricated out of 1/2" Baltic Birch plywood and 1x poplar. There won't be one bit of particleboard in the entire kitchen.

ten cabinets.jpg

o

Last edited:
Geez! That was a heck of a job. Installing hinges is usually a pretty easy and straight forward process. But not when it's a "pie corner cabinet". There is so much geometry there, that if you don't get things mounted exactly right, it won't work. This is the first time I've ever attempted this and it took a while, but It came out great and the doors are mounted and work perfectly and need almost no adjustment.

The problem I had was they sent instructions for hinges that mount on a face frame cabinet which is what I have and ordered. But the hinges that Amazon sent were for frameless cabinets. 🤬

Once I realized that I engineered a workaround that worked perfectly. Now that I've done this one, the base cabinet is going to be easy.

Corn cab 1.jpg

Corn cab 2.jpg

Corn cab 3.jpg

corn cab 4.jpg

corn cab 5.jpg

corn cab 6.jpg

corn cab 7.jpg