My new dream bench. Husky 52" adjustable height workbench.

John Pollman

Things are about to get serious.
I've been drooling over this bench at Home Depot for over a year. I just couldn't justify the cost for as much as I would use it. But with my kitchen cabinet fabrication looming in the near future, I really need it.
I normally work on a makeshift bench made of an old hollow-core door thrown across a couple of sawhorses. But that is too low and before long, my back starts bothering me. This new one has a 52"x24"x1-1/2" solid wood top and is easily adjustable from 29" tp 42". With the number of hours I'm going to be standing at the bench fabricating my new kitchen, I can easily justify the cost.
I've just gotta get my buddy to come by tomorrow and help me get it off of the old bench and onto the floor. It's a BEAST that weighs in at 130 lbs! This thing is awesome.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7T_Rhi2qJ6YwuEapMHDWEVkJXkAsHswORevybglHj9t35
Husky workbench.jpg

Last edited:
I've got that same bench without the drawers. It's been my main bench for a while now due to that height adjustment. BTW the cross member on the bottom I think can be moved to the back to allow one to slide under it with a chair too. You're going to love that bench John. :thumb:

They lock very well.
It looks as though they are the type of caster that locks only the wheel travel and not the swivel. True?

I bought a 24 x 60 top some time ago planning to build a cabinet below it someday. Been too busy to do that and this looks like a viable alternative. Looking at the pics from HD it seems it would not be too difficult to add another, slightly deeper, drawer below the two provided. Your thoughts? Does the crank mechanism work easily even if there is a load on the table? Wonder if they sell this without a top? :unsure:

Yes, the lock just stops the wheel from turning.

I'm going to make a larger top to sit on top to protect it and give me a little more work area. I haven't adjusted the height yet with a load, but the crank works smoothly.

Yes, the lock just stops the wheel from turning.

I'm going to make a larger top to sit on top to protect it and give me a little more work area. I haven't adjusted the height yet with a load, but the crank works smoothly.
I've had a couple hundred pounds on mine. I think it's a 300lb limit, but it raised pretty easily with the 200lbs I had on mine.