My new shop pup

I'd explain her as a very kind, intelligent dog. Unless she gets really big I do not see Great Pyrenees... Maybe if she likes to protect sheep? but for Great Pyrenees,,, I would expect to be bigger boned... no matter I am not a vet, just a dog lover. Whatever she is a beauty with very kind, Intelligent face. And I have not seen the entire litter.. What did you name her?

I'd explain her as a very kind, intelligent dog. Unless she gets really big I do not see Great Pyrenees... Maybe if she likes to protect sheep? but for Great Pyrenees,,, I would expect to be bigger boned... no matter I am not a vet, just a dog lover. Whatever she is a beauty with very kind, Intelligent face. And I have not seen the entire litter.. What did you name her?
We named her River which worked out well because sometimes things look like “A river runs through it”. Im not sure about the Pyrenees either, 3 pups looked mostly shepherd as did mom then our pup but two mainly white pups. Added a pic of one of her sisters. Only 2 pups have kind of a mane and those large fluffy ears. Chances are dad was a mix as well so may never know for sure. She is smart and extremely food motivated so training has been a breeze. Leash manners is her only fault but at six months not the end of the world and up to us to work on. She’s down for the count tonight back from the vet having her spay. Our spca is always over tasked with rescues and surrenders like her mom, so sad and so easy to prevent for cats and dogs that deserve so much better.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 8
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Since it's not unheard of for puppies in the same litter to have different fathers, my suspicion is that River's mom was kind of a...um...how to put this nicely?...a tramp. :whistling:

Kidding aside, it looks like there are some pretty profound differences between the siblings of that litter. It doesn't matter, though. Mutts make the best dogs, IMO. Rescue mutts even more so. :thumb:

Since it's not unheard of for puppies in the same litter to have different fathers,
You beat me to the comment, a female can take multiple males, so you will/can get a mix of pups...... we had a young black and tan hound that Dad wanted to mate with our old dog, also a black and tan... she wouldn't have him at all.... she wound up visiting my uncles place where he had some kind of mutt... she wound up giving birth to one black and 3 black and white pups... not sure that she ever took the old dog, if he approached she would snap at him.

What a cute pup. We're taking a bit of a dog break for a while. Will probably look at picking up a rescue of some sort next year. Wanting to kind of downsize from the labs we've usually gotten.

Will probably be looking at some sort of a cattle dog mix for the next one.