meh... I like them to be tapered or curved on more than one plane. Gives more depth to them. On the flip side, they're a total pain in the rear to deal with coping the angles, and mitreing the goofy angles. In this case there was supposed to be a stainless chute that ran to the ceiling to conceal the ductwork, but the tinner put the vent in the wrong spot in the cieling, and the pre-made unit would not work. Typically when I do a wood hood, it covers the whole thing. This was a mix n' match deal to get everything to work. What nobody seems to catch is how I screwed up and made it an inch too tall! The reveal on the front edge at the top panel just doesn't look right. By the time I caught it the tile guy had already done the backsplash and I was hosed. Talked to the home owner about it, and gave him a deal on it, so it was put in.Welcome, Karl!
That is some fine work, but this one of the exhaust hood I find a bit odd... Seems like a strange bit of empty space there on either side of the exhaust hood...
Karl,(edit)- Theres three things I wish I would have done differently with the bed. (1)The laminated arch should be inverted. Not long after I moved it in I was ironically enough laying in bed watching TV when an ad for a furniture store came on and there was an brief picture with a bed that had an arch at the foot going the other way. Looked awesome. (2)I wish I would've made a beaded panel for the back of the head board. Would've looked much nicer, the last one I made was like that. (3) Should've made the headboard a bit taller, or at least the deck a bit taller. My pillows end up in there far too often.
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!