My Wife is in the Hospital your thought and prayers would be appreciated.

Don Baer

Staff member
Christmas eve night at about 4 AM my wife asked me to take her to the ER she had been having sever abdominal pains for the previous 2 days and she just couldn't take it any more. She had had her final Chemo on Tuesday and every time she had had Chemo she would have these pains for a few days but it would subside and she would feel better in a few days. This time was worse than any previous attack. I got her to the ER and they ended up doing a CT scan and found out that she had a rupture in her sigmoid colon and as a result he had peritonitis. The transferred her to another facility where she went into the OR for a 5 hour surgery. She is in intensive care on a ventilator and getting antibiotics among other things. I was able to visit her last evening and she was awake and knew I was there. Due to the Covid thing access to her is restricted. I can only visit her between the hour of 4 PM and 8 PM. I know a few of you have met her so I thought I would let you all know.

Best thoughts Don.

peritonitis isn't much fun, here's hoping with all the new medicine they have they can fix up the underlying problem and tamp it down quickly and effectively.

I've never met Mrs. Baer nor Mr. Baer, but I do know about having a loved one in the hospital with infections... My Dianne spent 4 months in and out of the hospital way back in 2013/2014.... I'm not a praying man, but you have all the good vibes I can send your way for both you and Mrs. Baer.