My Windsor chairs attempt

Bill, I've met Peter Galbert, and he is a very nice fellow. Has a great website with tons of good info, which he shares freely. petergalbertchairmaker.com.
Anyway, thanks all for your support. And yes, after I cut off the tops of the legs, the seat is comfy.

Next steps are to finish spokeshaving the spindles, and start positioning the continuous arm.

At long last, the four chairs I began in 2010 are done. The biggest obstacle along the way was my own fear and inertia, but I recently got going again, and got er all done. The finishing process was long, and included a base stain made of Van Dyke crystals in water for a dark brown stain, followed by grain raising, three coats of red milk paint, two coats of black milk paint, then a ton of rubbing with 3-0 steel wool. This brings out a surprising sheen, followed by six coats of dark tung oil mixed 50/50 with citrus solvent, more rubbing, and finally a coat of paste wax. The finish is worth all the labor, and I am very pleased with the final results. Here are some pics.
IMG_1921_zpszklrzmcg.jpg
[/URL]

And where they will spend their time:

To say the least, it has been a long labor of love, and I'm glad it is finished.
Best wishes to all my friends at Family Woodworking, it's nice to stop in, after my rather lengthy disappearance. Truth be told, I was embarrassed to post much while I was not doing much woodworking.

Ken,

The love shows, they look great. Even greater is hearing from you again. You have been missed. I hope this means we will see more posts from you. You shouldn't stop posting just because you aren't doing much woodworking. It never stops most of us here. :)

Wow! Nice work Ken, those are truly beauties.

The finish is fantastic and the chairs themselves are works of art - ton's of little details there that really work well together.

Congrats on finishing up (it gives some of the rest of us hope that we might do the same on some of our projects someday).

With over 19,000 views I believe we have all been anxiously waiting for this day:) and I can say it has been well worth the wait because they are fantastic Ken:) your patience and skills shows on the final product Ken, well done!!!