Near death cabinet

Getting down to the wire. This needs to be done before Christmas!

Jan has done her magic on the sides and front and I think that the new and old blended pretty well. The casual observer would never know that the bottom 10 inches of the cabinet is all new. Over the next few days, providing the hardware gets here in time, I will mount the doors and drawer fronts. We still have not decided what to do with the top yet. It might wind up being a contrasting color or we may just leave it as it is.
b878e94d561a930d6c5c3d452ce7deb3.jpg
8cb0ccd35a5aec09ed5f0d70219e750c.jpg
8a2158bca6e72cd2f24ebceca73e1236.jpg

Nice! The side repairs don't show at all in the pictures.

Are those cut nail marks up the back edge of the sides? Did you cut them off during disassembly, or remove and reinstall them? Just curious.

Nice! The side repairs don't show at all in the pictures.

Are those cut nail marks up the back edge of the sides? Did you cut them off during disassembly, or remove and reinstall them? Just curious.
They are - two unfortunate things happened. First, the majority of the nails were rusted down to toothpicks. Second, the few that survived made their way to the trashcan before I had a chance to think about reusing them. Haste makes waste. :doh:

The doors are on! We found these antique rusted hinges online. They are a little undersized but they are the closest we could get to what we were looking for. There was so much bad wood and patching in the doors that I had to move the hinges much closer to the center of the door than I would’ve liked.

Only thing missing right now is to tack on a few nylon foot pads and add knobs to the drawers. Saturday is off to Hobby lobby to look for some porcelain knobs.
7f3448ad616899e574afd0e39ce9c60f.jpg