Neat and clean chops II

Chuck Ellis

continuing,
0403201212.jpg0403201212.jpg
From work area towards back wall showing little lathe, band saw, table saw, table top jointer under the towel,
0403201212a.jpg
Showing my crude carpentry, my work table with cabinet underneath for project supplies... mostly glasses to be made into wood stemmed wine glasses...
the pen blanks on the end are my stepson's... I've introduced him to pen turning...he took to it like a duck to water.
0403201212b.jpg
My work bench with drawers underneath..again very crude, but they work.. storage shelves under the work bench and bowls in progress.
0403201212c.jpg
Again clutter in the corner to right of doorway... woods are cut pieces to be glued into pepper mill blanks or maybe used in segmented bowls..trying to learn more about that..

I didn't show the opposite corner at this end of the shop, but it holds my micorwave for drying wood. to the left of this workbench is one my wife bought when we first married that holds my desktop drill press, my sharpening station and the 1 inch belt sander.

Cleaning this shop would be month long project... I do blow it out every so often, then try to find all the stuff blown off the tables, walls, etc
I shovel out the wood chips behind the lathe when they reach the lathe ways... with so much rain, it''s hard to dispose of them since I usually burn the chips.

Organized? I can't keep my shop organized for more than 5 minutes, but I do clean it every Spring time, whether it needs it or not. I do it the way Bill Murray did in the Caddy Shack movie. I open the doors, put on a mask, and hit it with the leaf blower. Less than 5 minutes and I'm done. I just have to be careful not to do it when my neighbor is having a pool party.

Charley

Organized? I can't keep my shop organized for more than 5 minutes, but I do clean it every Spring time, whether it needs it or not. I do it the way Bill Murray did in the Caddy Shack movie. I open the doors, put on a mask, and hit it with the leaf blower. Less than 5 minutes and I'm done. I just have to be careful not to do it when my neighbor is having a pool party.

Charley
fortunately no neighbors to worry about... I do use the blower off my shop vac periodically to try and remove some of the dust... then I have to look for all the stuff I blow off the walls.