New Bosch Cordless Brushless 18v Rotary Hammer Drill GBH 18V-26 D

Stuart Ablett

I got this to replace the corded 25+-year-old Toshiba hammer drill that I have been abusing for a very long time.
I have a Bosch impact, drill, and left blade circular saw in 18V so I was able to just buy the bare tool for MUCH cheaper.
I used the drill today to drill 3.4mm and 4.3mm holes for concrete screws, amazingly fast.
I think I'm really going to like this tool. For the larger holes, I'll still have it's much bigger corded brother.
I noticed that the new drill says "Made in Germany" nice to see some of their stuff is still made there.
I like the Blue Bosch tools.

Cheers!

Congrats on the new addition to your kit. My hammer drill (corded version) is a Bosch, and it's indeed a beast.

the one complaint i have on the cordless is the darn guard is constantly stopping travel on the start of the cut.. but once its get started it works well.. i have no complaints on the bosch tool otherwize the compact 12 volt batteries seem to be getting old and not holding a charge well

the one complaint i have on the cordless is the darn guard is constantly stopping travel on the start of the cut.. but once its get started it works well.. i have no complaints on the bosch tool otherwize the compact 12 volt batteries seem to be getting old and not holding a charge well
The 12v 2.5Ah batteries I have are two years old and work just fine. The 5.0 Ah one I have for the saw is also fine, but only a year old.
I have two 14.4v Hitachi batteries that are now 9 years old and work just fine.