New computer and something isn't working..

fred hargis

I've replaced my old computer (Mac mini) with an Imac, it's running OS 10.12. But now every time I open my FWW link, I have to sign in; even tough I've clicked the "remember me" button several times. Not a big deal, but still bothers me it doesn't just link me up as being signed in. I may have to reload the OS ( my mail doesn't seem to be functioning correctly, either), but does anyone have any suggestions to try before I move on to that? BTW, this is the only site that works that way, the others seem to function as they always did....signing me in when I opened the link.

I'm using Firefox, and the cookie deletion didn't help. This isn't a big deal, just a minor irritation. Funny, we have another Imac with Firefox and it works fine. Maybe I'll try Safari and see what happens....that would at least tell me if it's the browser.

OK, I tried it in Safari and it works as it has in the past, so I must have a Firefox issue. Oh, well.....I can live with it.

Last edited:
I'm using Firefox, and the cookie deletion didn't help. This isn't a big deal, just a minor irritation. Funny, we have another Imac with Firefox and it works fine. Maybe I'll try Safari and see what happens....that would at least tell me if it's the browser.

OK, I tried it in Safari and it works as it has in the past, so I must have a Firefox issue. Oh, well.....I can live with it.

One thing to check, especially if your bookmarks got imported, that the address for the bookmark actually starts with https:// as some drop off the protocol upon import.

THANK YOU! that was it. I did import the books, and the s was missing. All's good.

That's why we pay Darren the big bucks! In fact, after all of his recent hard work on the hosting changeover and site improvements, we've decided to give him a 15% raise. :thumb: :D

All kidding aside, Darren has done more behind-the-scenes work here than many of you realize, and a lot of it has been a big pain in the backside. A week or so ago I had the dubious honor of having to deal with Bluehost tech support to resolve an issue with one of my domains (something that took over a week to get them to correct), so I have a lot of empathy for the effort it takes to communicate with so-called tech support "reps" on the other side of the world. And he continues to find things to improve here, many of which go unseen to the general membership. :clap: :bow: