New Cookie Sheet

Ted Calver

Staff member
Found a cookie sheet that filled up the oven and holds an entire package of "cookies".
IMG_0064.jpg

Took it on a test drive this morning.

IMG_0067.jpg

I always knew the oven cooked unevenly but this proves it. I guess I need to set the timer at the half way mark so I can rotate the bake.

My favorite kind of cookies!

We make ours sometimes with fresh rosemary, pepper, and basted in real maple syrup from time to time. I've gotten where I use the broiler pan, so the drippings drip on through below.

My wife loves bacon, but hates the smell of cooked bacon in the house. (I know, she's a weird unit. But she tolerates me, so I'll keep her around, lol.) These days I just cook bacon outside on the Weber gas grill. It works well, albeit with a fair amount of babysitting required. :rolleyes:

Unlike certain other folks, my wife loves to cook bacon on our kitchen stove. The only problem I have with it is when I'm mowing the lawn and the kitchen vent blows the aroma out the roof vent. I go one way across the lawn and get hit by bacon. Then, I go back the other way and get hit by bacon. LOML doesn't seem to understand how that can be considered 'cruel and unusual punishment'!!!!!

:eek:

Unlike certain other folks, my wife loves to cook bacon on our kitchen stove. The only problem I have with it is when I'm mowing the lawn and the kitchen vent blows the aroma out the roof vent. I go one way across the lawn and get hit by bacon. Then, I go back the other way and get hit by bacon. LOML doesn't seem to understand how that can be considered 'cruel and unusual punishment'!!!!!

It is however a great way to get the dogs to come back to the house when they've run off and are ignoring you...

My favorite kind of cookies!
We make ours sometimes with fresh rosemary, pepper, and basted in real maple syrup from time to time. I've gotten where I use the broiler pan, so the drippings drip on through below.

Tried the rosemary, pepper, maple syrup (sugar free) recipe with some previously sous vide pork belly this morning....mighty tasty!!! The few times I tried using a wire rack to elevate the bacon the rack was a bear to clean. Maybe one of the heavy duty stainless steel racks I noticed on amazon would fare better.

I just started a batch of bacon yesterday with rosemary, thyme, black pepper and habanero powder. I'm not a huge fan of the sweet stuff on my bacon, unless I'm having pancakes with it. But I do like a little heat with it!