New cut table/workspace

John Pollman

I wanted to protect the wooden top on my new Husky adjustable height workbench. I also wanted a cut table, so I got to work and this is what I came up with. It should work very well. I also got a Kreg Accu-Cut XL. I can cut 4x8 sheets of plywood easily now. The 1-1/2" rigid foam insulation fully supports the stock. If I set the blade about 1/8" below the stock, the insulation should last a long time. When it gets rough, I'll flip it over.

I'm gonna use it shortly. I'll report back later this evening.

Cut table 3.jpg

Cut table 2.jpg

Cut table 1.jpg

I am impressed with this Kreg Accu-Cut XL!

The way it's set up, you just line up the edge of the guide with the mark. There's no setback to worry about. The guide strips help keep the unit from moving. But I still clamp a block in place at each end just to be sure. The guide strip gives you zero-clearance to the blade for support to reduce chipping or tear-out. Reduce? Heck, it ELIMINATES it! This is 1/2"Baltic Birch plywood and all of these cuts in the picture are cuts that I made, NOT factory edges! I'm using my DeWalt DW364 circular saw and a Diablo 60 tooth blade. I am amazed at the quality of these cuts!

GT1.jpg