New project

I hear ya'...I am not real fond of paint myself. I did paper t'other bedroom some years back, tho. It's not too bad, and I have my father's tools. Makes it special. Yes, the tools are old.
Two photos of previous WOODwork, that reside in the room. Was taking a few snaps, so I included these. Obviously, I did not make this, but I rehabbed it to be a sock, and lingerie chest. It used to have a pair of doors, and a drop down panel above said doors. All in poor shape, so I made drawers. Also made the pulls.DSCN1169.JPGDSCN1170.JPG I am sure you all know what it was/is..perhaps the younger folks have never seen one. nuff said

Back some years ago I ran three bass fishing tournament trails. I was rather busy with them, so house work didn't happen past February. One year my wife announced that she wanted the built-in china cabinet repainted just 3 weeks before the first tournament. I reminded her of her propensity to have some major "project creep" take place and that I had just 3 weekends to do her bidding...after that she'd be finishing any projects she had me start. Long story short, after the cabinet I moved to the trim in that dining room, which made the walls look dingy to her, so I painted them ...she ended up painting the living room, downstairs hall, up the stairs, upstairs hallway and one bedroom before she called it quits. She also found out that she likes painting (I hate it) so she does about 90% of it now.

Dan..yours looks the same...except it is way better than what I had to start with
Bill..do like the grille work
do they still work?
Ken..how I wish

... Bill..do like the grille work ... do they still work?

They play the records very well. I had to clean and lubricate them, but overall the mechanism works great.

The grill on the one on the left is original. When we got the one on the right, the grill was missing. I researched that model online, duplicated the grill design in VCarve and cut it on my CNC. We have a third, different model that was in bad shape mechanically and needed repairs to the top hinge; it works fine now.

The best deal we ran into was a listing on Craig's List. The owner inherited a C150 (left photo). His aunt had owned it. It had 50 records, a bottle of Edison grease, a catalog from the time, and the original sales receipt!

thanks Bill..update..a few more days yet..i do not hurry.
I have touch up painting on the trim, poor skills, but it is coming along.
a gray day and poor lighting in the room makes for a poor foto..will take more laterDSCN1172.JPG