New Shoes for the Vac Nozzle

glenn bradley

I use little wooden skids to keep my wide vac nozzle from sucking onto the surface I am trying to clean up. The first set of white oak skids lasted so long I don't remember when I made them. The second set was mahogany . . . oops . . . too soft. Only lasted about a year and that year was spent HARD during the new shop build.
Shop-Vac-Skids-1.jpg . Shop-Vac-Skids-2.jpg
I made a new, fatter set just now that should do well. A simple but effective shop helper. You can see the second holes in the old mahogany ones where I milked a little more life out of them.

I use little wooden skids to keep my wide vac nozzle from sucking onto the surface I am trying to clean up. The first set of white oak skids lasted so long I don't remember when I made them. The second set was mahogany . . . oops . . . too soft. Only lasted about a year and that year was spent HARD during the new shop build.
View attachment 116756 . View attachment 116757
I made a new, fatter set just now that should do well. A simple but effective shop helper. You can see the second holes in the old mahogany ones where I milked a little more life out of them.
That's a neat idea.I used to hot glue little oak wedges to the bottom of mine to keep it from sucking tight to the floor.