New Shop Journey

Glad that you have considered this project finally finished. I've enjoyed your posts, but doubt that I'll ever get to see it in person, in this lifetime. The commute is just too long at my age. I've very much enjoyed viewing your posted photos and reading about your progress though. Thanks.

Charley

When are you going to install the live webcam so we can keep an eye on what you are building?
What!?! . . . and reveal my snail-pace approach to the world? :rofl:

I can't believe I almost forgot to show my inspirational signage . . .

New Shop (515).jpg

This has been critical to my progress and success. Anyone doing any drastic changes around the shop should not be without one! :)

Well, if I am down to caulking door trim and touching up paint I guess this journey is over.
View attachment 118426
Thanks to everyone that tagged along, gave me ideas (knowingly or unknowingly), and encouragement. Anything that happens from here on will be considered an actual shop activity and will get its own thread if deserving. Thanks again!
Now youll be doing proper work! I'm glad for you.
So... when can I come over to play with your tools and machines? :unsure: :) As far as I know there are still some restrictions to come to US due to the darn COVID-19 aren't there?

View attachment 118512

This has been critical to my progress and success. Anyone doing any drastic changes around the shop should not be without one! :)
So, the theory being you ask this question and then do the opposite? :rofl: :rofl:

I'm flattered, and envious of all that space!

I finally got one of the lumber racks up. I have a list of things to do and didn't really want to schlep wood just now. I realized that I make trips back and forth to the house (45 feet away) several times a day for coffee, lunch, whatever. I started taking a board back to the shop from one of the stash spots in the garage on my return trips.

1594941327_NewShop(516).jpg.154d86c9f30ce050e946cbedaeb7c937.jpg

So far I'm making progress without taking any additional trips or interrupting my flow ;-)

This shop, looks too clean, too tidy, .... (although we know that you are a tidy person), it will not look "real" until we see some wood dust on the floor, some shavings on the bench and a half assembled G&G piece.

I've seen quite a few "pro" shops that are far less equiped and worst planned than yours Glenn, you must be proud of yourself and what you've achieved. (y) (y)

View attachment 118512

Actually... I happen to have an extended version of that one in my shop. :) BTW the foam around the handle of your thikcnesser must be a protection against hitting it with your hip, isn't it?IMG_6471.JPG