New woodworking bench in the works - Completed!!!

You really rocked that thing Tom. Well done all around!

Play with that vise a bit before you decide it's a keeper. Dad has one and we finally had to wire the QR feature closed. The design lets spoil get into the works and you have to blow it out a lot to keep it working.

It's too late now but I am extremely happy with the Lie Nielsen face vise. It is a pain to install though and costs a little more. Hopefully this vise serves you well. You did a wonderful job on the bench and did it a lot faster than I did. Having a good working bench makes all the difference.

for me tom it depends on what you plan to use the drawers for. it looks good under there. but for me larger drawers work better especially when you have some over to your right in the corner.

My drawers are 3-1/2" deep. I wish one bay of them was 1-1/2" deep. I did add a sliding tray to hold specialty chisels, marking knives, awls and such that I like to have handy at the bench.
drawer slide (5).jpg . drawer slide (6).jpg
These are old pics but, the drawer and slide tray still work the same. As Larry says, it depends what you want to put in them. If those drawers suit your needs, I would use them. If they don't . . . judging by this bench build you should be able to knock out a drawer unit before lunch :D