No prime rib this year

Dave Hoskins

The price of food across the board is ridiculous. Corn dogs are smaller. At least tamales haven't gone up that much. Yet. I used to have everybody over for Thanksgiving and grilled ribeyes. Not anymore. Uhuh

Chuck Ellis

That's a real shame...I would take a good prime rib over a steak any day.... My first intro to Prime Rib was back in 1960 or 61 from my uncle in Calif.... he took me and my aunt to the Benbow lodge up on Skyline Blvd near San Mateo .. a big log cabin lodge & restaurant that had a trout stream running through the dining hall... the meat was bigger than the plate... delicious. The lodge has long since burned down some 30 or 40 years ago.

Think we are going to follow Dave Hoskins lead this year and go to our local Mexican restaurant... just Dianne and me, so no need for me to cook.

Frank Fusco

Seems a bit over priced, but most things are now days. ;)
The escalating food prices are hurting everyone. But, the meat situation is a puzzlement to me. With high store prices folks are buying less. I would think that would mean the animals in the feed lots are backing up not being sold. You can't feed a beef forever. Why hasn't the supply and demand factor kicked in?

Don Baer

Staff member
Harris Ranch in Kalifornia is offering and easy payment plan for your Holiday meal..

Last edited: