Not exactly fine woodworking but...

Pedal board stand?
Yep, I've got a few new pedals lately and decided to mount everything on one single board.
Drew up the plans in sketchup the other day, and just hunted around the shop for pieces of scrap to use to slap it together.
Giving it a seal coat of lacquer, then will paint it black.

Last edited:
I see where you over drove a couple of screws. I noticed as I just did that the other day on a project. I was bouncing back and forth from drill to driving and forgot to change the clutch. With soft wood it happens in a blink of an eye. When you do that 3 time in a row you begin to doubt your intelligence. Two were so bad and visible that I removed the screws and filled in the holes with some dowels that I had on hand that fit perfectly. I then installed the screws and you can't tell. I would not have bothered but it was at eye level and you could not miss it.

I see where you over drove a couple of screws. I noticed as I just did that the other day on a project. I was bouncing back and forth from drill to driving and forgot to change the clutch. With soft wood it happens in a blink of an eye. When you do that 3 time in a row you begin to doubt your intelligence. Two were so bad and visible that I removed the screws and filled in the holes with some dowels that I had on hand that fit perfectly. I then installed the screws and you can't tell. I would not have bothered but it was at eye level and you could not miss it.
Yep, The pine was surprisingly softer than the ply. I had even gone to the effort to predrill the holes with a countersink bit on the drill press, lol. I had the clutch very light and it still over drove in there.

If this format works out, I could see redoing it someday so that it would have a removeable top 'road case' type configuration. I'd probably spend a little more time on it making it out of at least poplar, or some hardwood. I'm actually wondering how the ply is going to hold up.

So, Just mocking up the pedal board layout.

I have a few wiring gizmos coming, like a power switch and some overall in/out jacks for it that I'll work on later.

I've also got some 3m Dual Lock strips to use for fastening the pedals down. Its like velcro, but provides a more secure and tighter hold.

This is the order I've generally gone with, adn will custom wire things up to work that way, even if they are lined up like that on the board.
Tuner -> Wah -> Octave -> Compressor -> Overdrive -> Delay -> Volume -> Looper.

The little thing on the bottom left is a blue tooth page turner I connect to a tablet with a bunch of sheet music stored on it.

For my bass playing I like to have everything memorized, but for my one man band thing, I need a little memory help, lol.

1671998008195.png

:D
I like your signal chain idea. You might want experiment with the placement of the compressor. I'd be curious to hear how it works placed immediately after the tuner, or right before the volume pedal. The differences are likely to be subtle, but might be worth trying just to see how it sounds. One nice thing about having a pedal board is it's usually pretty easy to change things up to experiment.

Last edited:
Got tired of waiting for the garage to warm up so brought the project inside so I could do a little wriring and soldering.

Love that dual lock stuff. Holds things nice and tight, although I did have some issues in a few places where the adhesive didn't stick that great. A little super glue solved that problem.

I like the little 'box' I made on the back with a lighted switch and an outlet, and In/Out jacks for the pedal board as a whole.

1674854986307.png
1674854857287.png

Attachments

• 1674854881886.png
    1674854881886.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Ahhh, for the days when the only switch we had was on/off and the only knob was volume.
That's kind of why I did this. A lot of these pedals come on automatically when they are plugged into the instrument cable, leading to a lot of dead batteries, or just a hassle to turn them on and off.

This gets me down to one switch to turn everything on or off at one time.