Not FedEx!

My latest FedEx package came from the Weber BBQ Grill Company, and they seem to like FedEx. It arrived on Friday, but they placed it on top of the ornamental wall at the garage in plain sight of anyone coming in the driveway, and clearly out in the Weather instead of walking a few feet farther to put it on the covered porch. It rained heavily Friday night. When I checked email Saturday morning, it showed as "delivered". When I found it, the box was so saturated that I almost could not pick it up without it falling apart. Fortunately what was shipped was relatively water proof, so not destroyed, but even the packing list in it's plastic envelope was saturated and unreadable.

I try every way that I can to keep vendors from using FedEx to ship to me, but sometimes it's the only way that they will ship anything. Weber seems to be one of these. UPS and Amazon have no problem delivering to my porch. USPS makes a max effort to cram packages into my mailbox, if they can figure out a way, but they do deliver larger packages to the porch. I spent 10 minutes getting a package out of the mailbox when it was caught behind the rolled lip at the door opening. USPS proved that a rectangular box would fit in a rounded top mailbox, but they were only concerned with getting it in there somehow. It was my job to figure out how to get it back out. I ended up opening the end of the box and removing the contents, then crushing the box to get it small enough to pull out. I've considered replacing the mailbox with a much larger one, but shudder when I think about getting a large package out of a larger mailbox. At least this smaller mailbox forces them to bring the larger packages to the porch for me.

Charley

FedEx has set a time limit on how much time a carrier can spend with/or at a customer... some carriers evidently take that literally.... I hate to meet a FedEx truck coming down the road.... they seem to like their half right down the middle.... I've been almost run off the road more than once by one of their delivery trucks.

But as I said in earlier post, way back when I was still working they were my go to carrier for express and courier packages, unless it was international, then it was DHL.

well it has happened here too. I ordered a new box from Verison to used their 6 G cell to replace the DSL I presently have for my internet. When I ordered it on Sunday they said I would get it on Tuesday. Monday morning I get notified from Verison that it had shipped and would be here on Tuesday. Yesterday Tue. U get a noticed from Fed Ex telling me that the package would be delivered between 8AM and 8 PM and that someone would be required to sign for it. o I waited and 5 o'clock rolled round No package, 6 o'clock no package, 8 o'clock still no package it is now 7 AM Wed and it ain't here yet.