Now What Do I Do?

Dave Richards

I was out in my shop cleaning. (Seems cleaning always takes more time than messing. :rolleyes:) My wife came out to talk to me and among other things she said, "How come I haven't bought a new Festool for a long time?" I said, "What kind of Festool do you want?" She said, "I don't know. You'll have to show me what I need." :eek: She's never used any of my Festool tools nor even expressed interest in them before. And to be honest, I haven't even been thinking about getting any new tools let alone anything from Festool. Not sure if I should be suspicious of her motives or what. Well, I guess the next stop is the Festool site.

Dave Richards

She laughed at that.

I let her read my post just now. She said, "I have expressed interest in them!" I asked "Interest in using them?" She said, "No. I don't want to use them. I just think they are cool."

Dave Richards

Leo, that's a good idea. I made her a cutting board last week but she asked why she needed a new cutting board. So far from her comments she doesn't even need me to make something for her. I suggested a new Kapex and she said, "If that's what you want." I've got an idea she's got some ulterior motive. I just can't figure out what it is. She doesn't care about jewelry or that kind of stuff so I wonder what she's planning to buy. Or maybe what she's already bought. I'm thinking something is fishy.

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
...She doesn't care about jewelry or that kind of stuff so I wonder what she's planning to buy. Or maybe what she's already bought. I'm thinking something is fishy.
She isn't by chance a guitar player is she? The only people I've seen pull that kind of stunt are guita...oh wait...never mind. :D

Dave Richards

Larry, I've had it for a few years. It's the smaller one.

Vaughn, no guitar. She used to play a Uke but I'm not sure she even knows where it is right now.

Well, Bob, I appreciate you looking out for me. ;)

glenn bradley

I would buy what you want and just call it a Festool. For my shop, the Domino was the only Festool I really lusted after and I could probably do without that. I already have a track saw but, that would be what I would look at if pushed to Festool. I don't do a lot of power sanding which is the other area where they really shine. For me, other than the unique Domino (which I am always afraid of breaking; it seems so frail), sanders and "the best" GCS their tools are just 'also rans' to fill out their offerings. My apologies to those who love their other Festools. ;-)

P.s. I failed to mention that now that Fein has forgotten the face of their father, the Festool vac could be king of the heap in that area.

Dave Richards

Yeah, I do have their tracksaw, a 6" sander which is great for bigger work but too heavy for small stuff and the dust extractor. Nothing really trips my trigger. And I don't really lust after any more tools from anyone these days.

Dave Hoskins

Unfortunately, I only have one Festool tool and I love it. It's an old Rotex 125 FEQ 5" sander. Still runs as strong as when I bought it 13-14 years ago. Only thing I have had to do to it is replace the sanding pad. Just got in another one which makes #2. Not bad. But hey, if my LOML wants a Festool just because they look cool, GO FOR IT!!! Do not hesitate, do not meditate, do not pass go, but ya gonna spend more than $200 me is sure! :rofl: