Now What Do I Do?

Dave Richards

I was out in my shop cleaning. (Seems cleaning always takes more time than messing. :rolleyes:) My wife came out to talk to me and among other things she said, "How come I haven't bought a new Festool for a long time?" I said, "What kind of Festool do you want?" She said, "I don't know. You'll have to show me what I need." :eek: She's never used any of my Festool tools nor even expressed interest in them before. And to be honest, I haven't even been thinking about getting any new tools let alone anything from Festool. Not sure if I should be suspicious of her motives or what. Well, I guess the next stop is the Festool site.

She laughed at that.

I let her read my post just now. She said, "I have expressed interest in them!" I asked "Interest in using them?" She said, "No. I don't want to use them. I just think they are cool."

Leo, that's a good idea. I made her a cutting board last week but she asked why she needed a new cutting board. So far from her comments she doesn't even need me to make something for her. I suggested a new Kapex and she said, "If that's what you want." I've got an idea she's got some ulterior motive. I just can't figure out what it is. She doesn't care about jewelry or that kind of stuff so I wonder what she's planning to buy. Or maybe what she's already bought. I'm thinking something is fishy.

...She doesn't care about jewelry or that kind of stuff so I wonder what she's planning to buy. Or maybe what she's already bought. I'm thinking something is fishy.
She isn't by chance a guitar player is she? The only people I've seen pull that kind of stunt are guita...oh wait...never mind. :D

Larry, I've had it for a few years. It's the smaller one.

Vaughn, no guitar. She used to play a Uke but I'm not sure she even knows where it is right now.

Well, Bob, I appreciate you looking out for me. ;)

I would buy what you want and just call it a Festool. For my shop, the Domino was the only Festool I really lusted after and I could probably do without that. I already have a track saw but, that would be what I would look at if pushed to Festool. I don't do a lot of power sanding which is the other area where they really shine. For me, other than the unique Domino (which I am always afraid of breaking; it seems so frail), sanders and "the best" GCS their tools are just 'also rans' to fill out their offerings. My apologies to those who love their other Festools. ;-)

P.s. I failed to mention that now that Fein has forgotten the face of their father, the Festool vac could be king of the heap in that area.

Yeah, I do have their tracksaw, a 6" sander which is great for bigger work but too heavy for small stuff and the dust extractor. Nothing really trips my trigger. And I don't really lust after any more tools from anyone these days.

Unfortunately, I only have one Festool tool and I love it. It's an old Rotex 125 FEQ 5" sander. Still runs as strong as when I bought it 13-14 years ago. Only thing I have had to do to it is replace the sanding pad. Just got in another one which makes #2. Not bad. But hey, if my LOML wants a Festool just because they look cool, GO FOR IT!!! Do not hesitate, do not meditate, do not pass go, but ya gonna spend more than $200 me is sure! :rofl: