OK. It's Trying to Get Hot!

Dave Hoskins

Hit 97 with 55% humidity, giving a heat index or whatever they are calling it 108. Felt like it while running the big saw cutting into some hackberry. AWK!!! This ol' sorta fat Texan was sweating up a gallon or so. But, hey. It is summer and this is Texas so it is to be expected. :huh:

My parents decided that it would be a good idea to stay in Phoenix this summer for once. It's been quite comical to use my dad's favorite line on us ..."How's the weather?"

My parents decided that it would be a good idea to stay in Phoenix this summer for once. It's been quite comical to use my dad's favorite line on us ..."How's the weather?"
Dianne and I moved to Tucson in Jun of '95.... when we arrived to unload into our new apartment, the outside was 106, but humidity was only about 10%...
we left Houston in 90 degree temp with 98% humidity... it actually felt cooler in Tucson.

We'll hit 88 and DP 64 around 4 pm today. When the DC are gets rolling we're in the high 90s with high 90s humidity. Jarrod pick up a small 6k BTU window unit yesterday for the office.
I can do most all my repairs in there except working with the heavy toxics.

I don't envy anyone living in the swamps, such as DC was at one time. I remember what it was like on Parris Island which is surrounded by swamps. I remember one summer it got so hot there the alligators wouldn't get out on the golf course that was at the back end of the base.

101 here today. Spent the day in the attic of the OK State Capitol right under the new copper roof ...pulling out stained glass panels under a new, hurry hurry we need it done ASAP contract. Just when I thought it couldn't get any hotter. Must have been 120 up there. Drenched.