As well as several other things

Each of those apps have things like
Popup boxes
toolbars
ribbons
text boxes
User Interface

These lists go On - and On - and On - and On --- endlessly

EVERY - EVERY - stinken entity has it's very own individual text size box that are created for a specicif text style. EVERY - EVERY stinkin individual entity has it's own unique font SIZE --- NONE - NONE - NOTE of each one of those many many entities talk to each other - or work together.

As you get older - the computer monitor gets harder to see.

I am driving my eye doctor nuts trying to get glasses to allow me to see the monitor.
I have 2 monitors
32" LG 4K rez
24" samsung 1080

I tried to change fonts in windows - there are a few settings in windows, not just one
I tried changing fonts in the apps - sever settings scattered in many secret hard to find places
I tried to change font to a more easy to see style like Arial - or Arial Bold

Windows has a magnifyer - which helps in all apps

The end result

In some places
The text is so tiny I can almost not read it at all
Some places the text is huge
Some places the kearning of the text overlaps itself of does not fit into the predetermined text box that is designed for a specific text style.

I am not a computer programmer - but I do have same programming experience with html, basic, and some other stuff. NOT at all qualified to be considered a programmer. To my limited ability I call that programming issues in windows and all windows apps.

The end user is screwed -

Sometimg over this winter I plan to format my hard drive and reinstall windows 10 and all my apps.
I have no idea how or where to go back and reset all those settings.

I sorta feel the pain. My problem is a bit different, though. I can't see my monitor clearly until I have had at least 2 cups of coffee! In all seriousness, Microsoft keeps saying when they either do updates or put out a new OS that they listened to the people and what they were saying. Horsecrap. They never asked me or anyone I know.

If you have a three button mouse you can easily change the zoom level by holding ctrl and scrolling with the mouse wheel. You can also control zoom levels under 'view' on the menu bar. Also take a look at the new gaming monitors. If you have the real estate, one or two 32" curved screen hi res IPS panels would give you an amazing set up. Black Friday sales have some great deals. If it's that much of an issue, spend some money and get it right. Those monitors will outlast your computers.

Try using Control + (plus sign) to increase the font size. Control minus will make it smaller, btw.
Like Jim suggests, easy to fix on a monitor. I only wish it was so on packaging. Ever try reading the instructions on something you are trying to apply out of a can. Even if product is the size of a paint can they print it as if it was the size of a small aspirin bottle.

Like Jim suggests, easy to fix on a monitor. I only wish it was so on packaging. Ever try reading the instructions on something you are trying to apply out of a can. Even if product is the size of a paint can they print it as if it was the size of a small aspirin bottle.
Usually I find the instructions on cans hidden behind the price tag.

...Ever try reading the instructions on something you are trying to apply out of a can...
Not sure if it's smaller print or my own advancing age, but I feel this pain for sure. I can read a 4 point Arial font with or without my glasses, but I swear some manufacturers are using 2 point fonts on their packaging. Thank goodness for the Magnifying Glass app on my phone. It gets a fair amount of use these days.

Not sure what size my monitor is (don't want to dig out the tape measure to check), but if I haven't been wearing my readers for a few minutes, I can usually sit back a bit a read the monitor... I'm about 30-36 inches away from it..... If I put my readers on I feel a little eye strain, but need them to read anything I have to hold in my hands... and some times even have to dig out a magnifier....
I usually set my fonts to "Tahoma" which is a pretty square font that I find easier to read... set between 10 and 14 point depending on what I'm doing.

Your optician can make you a pair of glasses specific to your monitor needs.

I have been wearing glasses since I was 14. I have 5 pair of glasses
One specific for reading - single vision
One that I use for computer - varilux - progressive
One for a bit stronger than computer for in the shop - varilux - progressive
One for distance - varilux - progressive
One distance sunglasses - varilux - single vision

I have talked to my eye doctor many times about it.

One thing about it - you cannot stop aging

I have been wearing glasses since I was 14. I have 5 pair of glasses
One specific for reading - single vision
One that I use for computer - varilux - progressive
One for a bit stronger than computer for in the shop - varilux - progressive
One for distance - varilux - progressive
One distance sunglasses - varilux - single vision

I have talked to my eye doctor many times about it.

One thing about it - you cannot stop aging
Only five? You need one more. ;)