Older PM table saw, any advice?

John Jussel

Hello, Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I have been looking for a table saw for awhile now. Was thinking about buying new (Bosch 4100-9), but just saw this today on Craigslist http://sd.craigslist.org/tls/5280188803.html I do not know anything about it other than it is an older PM 10" contractor's saw. I assume it is the model 63 Artison one but not positive. I plan on looking at it in the morning since it is here in my hometown. Is there anything I should keep in mind when checking it out? FYI, I have never owned a table saw, but have used them many times. I figure it's time to own my own. I plan on using a TS more for hobby and around the house use. Is right tilt a deal breaker in your opinion? Not even sure if it is right or left. Appreciate any advice.

John

I had a PM 63 for a while. Yeah, it was right tilt. It was pretty much a clone of the Craftsman mad around the same time (early 90s), and of about the same quality. Mine would go out of alignment every time I tilted the blade, and realigning it was a very fussy procedure. Other than that, it was an okay saw.

The PM-64 - and later - were left tilts, and (I'm told) were of better quality that the 63. I don't have any personal experience with the later models, though.