Outdoor Cook Spot

Bill Arnold

Staff member
Also known as the parking spot for my Taco!

The concrete had been looking more and more grungy due to rain and pollen running under the carport, so I spent several hours pressure-washing it. I also applied some mildewcide to it, then sprayed on a layer of sealer that should help keep it cleaner looking.

A recent addition to my cooking tools is a Pit Boss 36" 4-burner griddle (center left side). That purchase made me look at moving a few items around. What you see is a much better arrangement than I had before.

The stainless steel work table is real handy for preparation and other steps in a cook. Before buying the Pit Boss, I tried a gas grill insert griddle and found it very useful for searing as well as kabobs, etc. So far, I've done a few batches of fried rice on the griddle as well as plenty of burgers! I thought about finding a new home for the gas grill (in the background) but kept it since I have room with the current arrangement.

The Traeger was a great addition when I bought it last year. It has seen a lot of duty doing pork ribs, loins and butts, turkeys, chicken, and meatloaf. The Masterbuilt electric smoker is a replacement for the older one I had; this one is used primarily as a holding oven for items that are done, but not ready for the table yet.

Just thought you'd like to see what my other "hobby" area is like!

OC_a.JPG OC_b.JPG OC_c.JPG

That's a great setup indeed. I'm envious of your steel table. Someday I'd like to get a smaller (say 2-burner) gas griddle. Bonus if it runs on natural gas, like my Weber grill. Which griddle did you use on your gas grill?

[Edit to add]

This one looks interesting and affordable...

Last edited:
That's a great setup indeed. I'm envious of your steel table. Someday I'd like to get a smaller (say 2-burner) gas griddle. Bonus if it runs on natural gas, like my Weber grill. Which griddle did you use on your gas grill?
This is the griddle I used on my gas grill:

And here's the table: