Parcel arrived!

Hi all!
This is the last carving project I've just finished. It has been one of the most challenging ones I've made, I started it twice anew during Covid lockdown, and I have been dropping and picking it several times. Animically it has been really tough to convince myself about finishing it, but finally I've done it! ( I still don't know how)
I have more pics of the process but to be honest as some were made with my phone, and some with the camera, I cannot find them. So you'll be missing the very first steps.
Thanks for watching.
IMG_6550.JPG

Toni,

That is amazing.

The first pic here looks like a package - not a carving.

I was completely expecting that you were going to unwrap you project.

Wow - the level of detail is stunning.

You will not do that on CNC.
You can rough it out - but the skill of your carving will be needed to complete the project.

I wish I had just some of your carving skill.

:eek::eek::score::score: WOW!!!!! Your talents continue to amaze me. Will show this to CJ this Friday evening. Like Leo, I thought you were going to unwrap the package and show us the carving. It reminds me of the carving you did of the tools on the bench. Just completely amazing! Your work ought to be on display at some museum. Well done my friend, well done!!!

I was looking for the shipping label to see who was going to receive a Toni carving, then thought why would you ship a package wrapped in twine when that wouldn’t be accepted by post, must be taped, THEN it hit me, THAT IS the carving, dang buddy, that blew me away, your artistic talent and skills are unmatched by most, AWESOME :headbang:

I had the same reaction; how do I see the carving if it is already wrapped? Wonderful stuff Toni. You have a real gift for a very rewarding skill. Wonderfully done.

I was looking for the shipping label to see who was going to receive a Toni carving, then thought why would you ship a package wrapped in twine when that wouldn’t be accepted by post, must be taped, THEN it hit me, THAT IS the carving, dang buddy, that blew me away, your artistic talent and skills are unmatched by most, AWESOME :headbang:
Same here!

Just amazing. I was wondering what was in the package at first and was thinking what a cool way to tie up the wrapping paper around it, lol. Totally thought it was a paper wrapped package.

Beautifully done, Toni. The term "amazing" doesn't completely describe this piece, so I submit the following:

Awesome, fascinating, incredible, marvelous, prodigious, shocking, stunning, surprising, unbelievable, and wonderful.

Your work never fails to put a smile on my face! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have no words to adequately describe this piece. That is an incredible piece of work, Toni and, as others have said, it had a lot of us fooled! I think you’ve gone to a whole new level.
Keep up the great work!

Thanks a lot guys! For some reason I'm never happy with my carvings when I finish them. It is not until I haven't seen them for a while and look at them again that I have to admit that they are not as bad as I thought. Probably it is because I must be fed up of seeing them all the time while I am making them. Dunno :dunno:
None of us get to see our work for the first time and don't appreciate it as others do.

As the builder, constructor, maker or what ever, we always see what we consider imperfections in our work. However they do not distract from the beauty of the piece and most people do not even realize that there is a booboo.
David

As the builder, constructor, maker or what ever, we always see what we consider imperfections in our work. However they do not distract from the beauty of the piece and most people do not even realize that there is a booboo.
David
Sorry David, my comand of coloquial english is rather limited, a booboo is a flaw or similar thing?