Parler - Anyone trying it out?

I've pretty much quit facebook and twitter. Been off them a nearly a month now and I don't really miss it all. Too many 'experts' on 'everything' lol.

I still post a little bit on instagram. That platform seems to have more original content and less copy/paste memes and low quality posts.

What got me into social media in the first place was keeping up with what was going on with friends lives. I also really liked keeping track of bands and their upcoming releases and shows.

My opinion is that the social media platforms have devolved from that to millions of people standing out on a soap box on a street corner yelling their opinions at people that pass by. I really don't have time for that.

...social media platforms have devolved from that to millions of people standing out on a soap box on a street corner yelling their opinions at people that pass by...
Roger that. :yes: And if not yelling opinions, they are posting "info" that can be proven wrong with about 3 seconds of time on Google. It really saddens me to see that so many of my real-life friends are so gullible and easily misled. :rolleyes:

I haven't been on any SM platforms in a long time. Etsy kept saying that if you use them, your sales will increase. nada And, some of the biggest identity thefts occur due to them. So, nothing like that with me for probably 3 years now at least.

My opinion is that the social media platforms have devolved from that to millions of people standing out on a soap box on a street corner yelling their opinions at people that pass by. I really don't have time for that.
Along those lines, when I was doing the market in downtown Knoxville, we would have a couple of guys with sandwich boards on the street corner across from me "proselytizing" ... according to him we were all destined for Hell.... sometimes so loud I couldn't talk to my customers. Fortunately, he only came a couple times a month.

I do have a facebook account, but haven't posted in months... also have a pinterest account and haven't been there in months either... I'm a little like Betty White, "Face book is mostly just a big waste of time".