Plumbing work.

David Johnson

Momma said hot water just trickles in her bathroom. Being a nice guy six months later I take a look and sure enough it barely trickles out. Easy fix right? Stuff in faucet body. Take apart it's clear. Remove feed Line. Aha bit of gravel, grit whatever, cleaned out and it worked. Line leak at fitting..
Went to Big Blue bought new line installed partially wrong connector on one end. Back to store exchanged for proper one. It was to short so cold water line was longer so switched Worked out fine. Whoa a leak on cold side. Took faucet off and found pin hole leak in copper feed line. Go buy new faucet. Finally got all installed and hooked up except drain. It is 1 1/4 inch size. Existing was 1 1/2 inch. Back to store for new fittings. Talked to plmber helper and he said four trips is usual for a plumbing job. It is now back together and functional. Started at 100 pm and finished at 815 pm.
Crawling under cabinets ain't for Sissy's that's for sure. Tomorrow I'm sure I will pay for my trangressions.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Did make bunch of brownie points from LOML.
David

:rofl: Yup, been there, got the t-shirt.

Here is my tip...I've learned to just buy everything I think I may need for those jobs and return what I don't use, it saves a couple of trips. ;)

:rofl: Yup, been there, got the t-shirt.

Here is my tip...I've learned to just buy everything I think I may need for those jobs and return what I don't use, it saves a couple of trips. ;)

That's been my approach lately. Clear out the sore shelves on the first trip, then return whatever I haven't ruined later. I did see a news story about stores now tracking the returns their customers make, and in some cases limiting those folks from returning things. That will really be bad news for my plumbing efforts.

...I did see a news story about stores now tracking the returns their customers make, and in some cases limiting those folks from returning things. That will really be bad news for my plumbing efforts.

This is strictly conjecture on my part, but based on what I've heard from friends and family who've worked at Lowe's and Home Depot, I'm' betting they're more interested in limiting things like people returning (obviously used) power tools that were "bought" for a weekend project. And it's not just the home improvement stores. My niece bought a "new" vacuum from JC Penny last year right after Christmas, and when she unboxed it, it had clearly been used and returned to the store. It got returned again, and she opened the replacement box to verify the vacuum was unused before she left the store.

I've always said that plumbing chores generate more bad words per minute than any other kind of home improvement chores, hands down!

I had a rusting sink fitting on the drain so went to the store and got what I needed. I began working on it at 10am by 4pm I had it, and put it off until the next day. Started again but could not stop the new drain from leaking around the bottom of sink. Try multiple time, no go. Finally called a plumber which is difficult down here as they are all real busy with major hurricane damage. One plumber said he would stop by early the next day. He worked on it and under his breath cursed a few times and said the bottom of the sink was not round and the seal was to small. Back to his truck and a different seal and more cursing under his breath. Then finally success. Ran water and checked it several times, good to go. His secret was a liquid sealer, not teflon tape. He said he was trained by a old time plumber and he never used teflon tape. He was real nice and only charged me $80 bucks using my parts and my tools. That is why I try to stay away from plumbing when I am having to crawl under the cabinet and work in near darkness. No to mention my back.