pocket door-cabinet

larry merlau

Has anyone here installed a set of these? KV brand.
looks like it comes with hinges but then the details just say slides?

Looks like you're right - no hinges, only the slide mechanism. Never done these but will be watching as I have a honey-do item that might require them.

From Rockler - Keep cabinet doors out of the way with this simple flipper door system. It's our easiest option to install, with large follower-strip mounting plates attached to each slide. Each set includes two slides to support one door weighing up to 30 pounds. One hinge set and one slide set is required per door (sold separately). We offer the EZ Pocket Door Slides without hinges to provide you with maximum flexibility in your use and installation. Hinges are available for a variety of face frame and frameless applications. All hinges offer convenient self-closing action and can be adjusted in three directions.

i did call rockler help and got some good advice from a lady that new her stuff.. still have some questions.. didnt want black and WWHardware has anachrom but not clear on hinges on there product

I didn't know those existed, however, unless there is a system to attach them to the back , they prevent having shelves inside the cabinet aren't they??

I used a set quite a few years ago on an entertainment center. The ones I bought (KV) were from WW Hardware, and at that time they came with the hinges. It's possible that to make a lower list price they started separating the hinges from the package (I guess).

well got the hardware and made a mock setup on one of my tables to see how it went together. all went well and they are kv fred from wwhardware. am pleased with how it went together.. one more time using a mock up proved worth the time and materials.

Attachments

• door back.jpg
    door back.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 7
  • door frnt.jpg
    door frnt.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 7
  • hardware end veiw.jpg
    hardware end veiw.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 7
  • knob extension.jpg
    knob extension.jpg