Pool Deck - Sketchup to Reality

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Finished the pool deck today, well, other than de-splintering it a bit with some sanding and probably putting some stain on it to make it all look the same.

Pool water is 60, so should be nice and 'refreshing' when we finally get some pool weather this week.

This is probably the closest I've ever come to really following my sketchup plans.

pool deck su.jpg
pool deck done.jpg

Does SketchUp also include material list? Sure would be handy. I'm thinking of add deck to back patio but last job left a lot to be desired. After5 trips to blue box store I finally got it all done. Had a 3 ft 2x4 and 3 inch piece 12 foot long left over which I thought was pretty good without any plan
David

Does SketchUp also include material list? Sure would be handy. I'm thinking of add deck to back patio but last job left a lot to be desired. After5 trips to blue box store I finally got it all done. Had a 3 ft 2x4 and 3 inch piece 12 foot long left over which I thought was pretty good without any plan
David

I think there are plugins that will do that, but I didn't use on for this.

I was short a few 2x6's and 2x4's and picked those up yesterday. I have a couple extra 2x8's and 2x6's I'll take back to home depot.

I've got a decent sized scrap pile left over. I probably could have sized it a bit differently to reduce that, but the oddball shape kind of guaranteed there'd be some waste.

Yep. Other than a few reversals on the bracing it looks like you stuck to the plan! Well done.

"Cut list" is the plug in I use for material lists. Not perfect, but it gets you close.