Portable Workbench - Wow!

When we first got married we lived in an apartment but I didn't let that deter me from woodworking. We had a back storage closet on the patio. I stored my portable woodworking tools in it along with a workbench that I had built from plans in a magazine that folded up like a suitcase. It was not unlike the one Darren shows. My bench was not quite as refined :eek: and was built from 2X lumber but it was quite serviceable and had two vises on one end. I built many a project using that bench.

I was much younger and stronger then but I thought this portable bench was heavy even in those days. I doubt I could lift it today. Finally sold the old bench at a yard sale after I built my Euro style bench.

When we first got married we lived in an apartment but I didn't let that deter me from woodworking.

When we first go married I was a professional photographer. Our little rental house had a closet about 18"X10'. (yes eighteen INCHES wide). I converted that into a darkroom. Sometimes you can make do with the dangest things. That work bench is neat. I want one.