porter cable 24 inch dovetail jig

allen levine

time to start clearing out shop. I havent used the dovetail jig in so many years I dont even recall the last time.
I see porter cable stopped making the 24 inch jig.
I dont recall what I paid for it, but if someone can suggest a fair price to sell it for.
Im thinking in the 250-300 range, might be a few extra parts, fingers, still have instruction booklet and anything else that came with it, no reason for me to keep it.
anyone near long island that might be interested, pm me with a suggestion.
strictly pickup, not shipping it,

So I'm guessing it's a boat anchor at this point?
From the woodworking project videos I see on YouTube, it kind of is. Mostly due to the shift to modern and slab furniture where they are using other type of joints. The Festool Domino despite its high cost seems to have changed the landscape. Unless someone is building furniture where dovetails are an exposed feature, I think woodworkers are leaning toward other type of joints.

So I'm guessing it's a boat anchor at this point?
Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but...Yes!
I had the same jig - bought it from Bill Hylton at one of Grumbine's "5 Barns" gatherings. I think I used it two, maybe three times and then it sat on the shelf for fifteen years. Advertised it locally, and on WoodCentral but got no interest. I ended up giving it away, and recently found out the recipient used it a couple times, then donated it to Habitat for Humanity.

I just haven't had a project that I really cared much what the boxes looked like, such as vanities and other cabinets. I do think there are those of us that will still do drawer dovetails and finger style for boxes. When done right, they look great and certainly add some good looking features. I know I've had my share of them not going right and having lots of frustration, which is why I bought the newer PC dovetail jig as it looked to be a lot easier to use.

when I purchased it, it was mainly for maple drawers for my sons kitchen, then I built a cab inet with only dovetail joinery, then used it on a few large boxes, like toy boxes, alot more drawers, then I just stopped using it.
Im hoping there has to be one person out there that may want it just for that one or two projects....I live in the most crowded areas on earth, NYC, long island, and the tri state area. within an hour of me there must be over 20 million people. doesnt hurt to give it a try.....Ive had decent luck with facebook market place, seems to be a better shot and not so many morons wasting my time like craigslist.....no I dont want to cash a check for 2 grand and take the 300 out of it. nor do I want your personal check. ofcourse, theres always the nigerians willing to take it if I send them a fee first to release their funds in american banks.