possible future home - Not gonna happen

So after spending the morning and putting stuff into sketch and spending time with Google earth pro and comparing measurements taken to google earth here is what it looks like.
It's starting to looks a bit like Brent's place now that you point it out, except rather than hogan's they are storage tank, shed, storage container, boat, camper, pool, chicken coop, dog run, and house. ;) :D

If I were only 40 years younger. :unsure: Not sure what size of towns Chambers and Sanders are, but possibly use a renovated Hogan to rent out to a young couple at a great discount in exchange for labor they can spend some evening and weekend time to help with updating in between their day jobs. I always love the concept of barter.
I had also thought about that and it would also serve to provide for someone to oversee the property when I am absent for longer periods of time. Chambers is to small but Sanders might offer some potential.

I went to the bank today to start paper work to pull some equity from this place to buy the Hogan Property. The realtor knows I want the property. The owner pulled to property from the MLS for a month or so while he gets the road surveyed and the easement legalized. So hopefully by the time he get that done I'll have the line of credit to make him a cash offer. So we shall see.

Wow at 615' your electric bill must have been impressive even at 10gpm given that you'd have been running it almost constant!

That wouldn't work as well out here in the hot dry part of the west, if we don't get water on a lot of things every 2 days max they die. I guess we could do berries weekly or maybe every other week once they were fully established but the fruit would be likely to suffer every other week.

Would've been interesting to watch the static level with the bigger pump...

The rest of the state of Arizona doesn't have the water that this area has, I have been told that around Flagstaff and west they would have to go down 2 miles to get water which is why they either pipe it in or some remote areas they have water delivered. The first area I looked at was Cochise county in the south Eastern part of the state but again no water. Interesting fact is the Navaho Nation sits atop this aquafer and they don't have the infastructure in place to provide water so many homes on the reservation truck in water. Very few have wells.

My Paternal grandfather's farm had a dug well, about 3 or 4' across and you could see the water... after my father and mother moved to the place in mid '40s, dad drew the well dry and climbed down into it to clean it out and dig it a little deeper.

My Maternal grandfather had a drilled well about 15-20 miles north... his well was about 30 feet deep.... I think it was drilled through limestone as you could draw a bucket of water, let it sit and the bottom of the bucket would have a layer of chalky substance.... and the water tasted terrible.
Across the road, maybe a 1000 yards, his neighbor had a dug well and the water was sweet and clear. We actually lived in that house when I was about 4 yrs... before we moved to Grandpa Ellis's place.

Both places are in Freestone county, Texas... the dug well in Donie, the drilled well in Freestone community.

If I was 30 years young and not committed to LOML, I would be tempted to move out and live in one of your of Hogans and help you with the place.
It does look like a really cool place to make a home.

Wow at 615' your electric bill must have been impressive even at 10gpm given that you'd have been running it almost constant!

That wouldn't work as well out here in the hot dry part of the west, if we don't get water on a lot of things every 2 days max they die. I guess we could do berries weekly or maybe every other week once they were fully established but the fruit would be likely to suffer every other week.

Would've been interesting to watch the static level with the bigger pump...
Actually it wasn't that bad it would electric bill would run about $165 in summer and that was cooling a 1600sf house. But I could only irrigate about 900' at a time and I had over 4500' to water not counting the 30x72 hightunnel and almost an acre of produce. I was always worried about burning up the pump. I never could find out how far the pump was set down in the well but the guy that drilled it said his records showed it could handle a 5hp pump with no problems

Update,
I been working with the bank on getting a line of credit using the equity in this house to buy the land. The load officer called today asking for my YTD P&L and said that and the final appraisel was all they needed, She was hopeful that it would be approved by the end of the month so with any luck I should close on the property by Thanksgiving.

as a side not I been looking at the history of the property and I found the following.

History.jpg

So it looks like I will end up owning a real piece of History.