Power Converters .......???

Ok, Ok, sorry, I got busy.........

Went back to the Dungeon, just to keep the Picture Police happy........ :wave:

200V_rewire01.jpg
Tada!

200V_rewire02.jpg
Plugged in!

200V_rewire03.jpg
I also made up an extension cord, for when I move the lathe out for our club meetings.

200V_rewire04.jpg
And just to show you it actually works, here you can see the control panel lit up :thumb:

I hope to try it out tomorrow :wave:

Stu I use a couple of transformeres in my shop for a small boost from 100 to 115. I can also boost to 125 with my tranformers but the specs on the motors are no higher than 120 so I step down rather than step up. I bought one from this site

http://www.tools.gr.jp/webshop/other/other-trans.html

And another I bought from Yahoo Auction.

On the link look for M-E20. That is what I am using. I know it is exactly what you are looking for but a search on the word 昇圧器 will give you several links to sift through.

Hey Alex, I guess missed the post where I showed the Todd Systems Booster transformer I have, a little less high tech than the one you show, but it worked for a long time.

I also guess you missed the part where the engineer from Teknatools said that it will work just fine on 200V 50Hz, by pulling the jumper, which I did.

My lathe is now working on 200V 50Hz :headbang:

The Engineer said that the boost from 115V 50Hz to 200V 50Hz should be quite noticeable, but the boost from say 200V 50Hz to 240V 60Hz would most likely not be worth the money ($300?).

I hope to do some Easy Roughing on the lathe tomorrow, and will report my results! :wave:

Sorry for the delay, I'd say it gets good marks all around :thumb:

Seemed to have more power, and I could only stall it on the lower speeds, with too aggressive a cut.

I'd say if you have a 220V circuit near your lathe, it would be worth the trouble (not much trouble, remove four allen head bolts, pull the jumper, replace four allen head bolts).

Cheers!

Yes, I do have a spare 240v outlet so I think I'll take the plunge. I'll need a new power cable: how easy would it be to replace it? I don't want to cut up my existing lead in case I need to revert back.