Preliminary Review for Anycube Kobra 3 D Printer

Don Baer

Staff member
This is my second 3 D printer my first one is the ANYCUBE Chiron large format printer. The Chiron needs a new bed temp controller. So I decided to get a second printer it didn't need to be the large format of the Chiron but I did have several requirements. 1st minimum assembly. The Chiron only needed about 20 minutes to unboxed and this one was the same. Auto bed leveling. The Chiron had it and I found it quite useful. This one has it also but unlike the Chiron which uses a pressure switch that you must put on each time you want to level it, this one uses an inductive sensor that is built in to the printer head. I wanted a direct drive extruder so I could have better control over the filament. The Chiron uses a Bowden tube to feed the extruder and it can cause problems with chatter on the part and make it very hard to print soft filament. An added bonus this machine has a built in fan and cooling shroud. Most low cost 3D printer this is something you must add your self. This machine has belt tensioning adjustments which again is not standard on most home use machines. All in all I am quite please with the machine and would highly recommend it especially if you have never used a 3 D printer and want something that works out of the box. This is a 8 1/2x 8 1/2 x 9 1/2 print size printer so it prints about half the size of my Chiron but I very rarely needed the larger size.