Probably Not the Best Day for a Car Wash

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Took my 4Runner through the car wash today. Almost made it home before it started raining on me. :D

Disclaimer: I knew full well it was going to rain on me, but I have a monthly "Exterior Only" membership to Mister Car Wash, so it costs me nothing to run it through other than about 5 minutes to dry it off afterward in the vacant lot next door. I just wanted to clean off the dust spots that happened a couple of days ago after the last time it rained here. Also wanted to take this pic for any Breaking Bad fans here, since I think it's pretty cool that I wash my vehicle at Walter White's car wash. :) Pardon the optical distortion from my phone's wide angle lens.

Pre-Rain Car Wash.jpg

And it did indeed rain on me before I got home. I told my wife I would have gotten home before the rain if I hadn't stopped to wash my car. She didn't really see the humor in that...but then again I have to explain most Far Side cartoons to her, too. :rofl:

That is the same carwash as the one owned by Walter and Skyler White is it not?
Yeppers, same one. I grew up a few blocks away from there and it's where my family washed our cars ever since we moved to town in the early '70s. It was a locally-owned chain called Octopus Car Wash until a few years ago, when the Mister Car Wash chain bought them out.

There's a company here in town that offers Breaking Bad tours, where they load tourists into a motorhome like Walter and Jesse's lab and take you around town to see all the various locations used in the show. The car wash is one of the highlights. They stop the bus in the vacant lot next door and everyone gets out to take pictures. I snapped this pic a few years ago as I was drying my car:
Breaking Bad RV Tour C 1200.jpg

Have you ever poked around to see if you could find the room with all the money?
No luck so far, lol. I think the money room is at a self-storage place somewhere here in town. :D

I was late to the party when it came to watching Breaking Bad. I didn't start watching it until after the last season was over, but got pulled in quickly due to all the various location shots and local references. Same with Better Call Saul. It also helps that both are very well-crafted shows.

Got to say I loved that series. The writers were amazing with their imagination. You never knew what would happen next or how do they get out of this one. I also thought the actors did a great job!

Yeppers, same one. I grew up a few blocks away from there and it's where my family washed our cars ever since we moved to town in the early '70s. It was a locally-owned chain called Octopus Car Wash until a few years ago, when the Mister Car Wash chain bought them out.

There's a company here in town that offers Breaking Bad tours, where they load tourists into a motorhome like Walter and Jesse's lab and take you around town to see all the various locations used in the show. The car wash is one of the highlights. They stop the bus in the vacant lot next door and everyone gets out to take pictures. I snapped this pic a few years ago as I was drying my car:
View attachment 125364

No luck so far, lol. I think the money room is at a self-storage place somewhere here in town. :D

I was late to the party when it came to watching Breaking Bad. I didn't start watching it until after the last season was over, but got pulled in quickly due to all the various location shots and local references. Same with Better Call Saul. It also helps that both are very well-crafted shows.
I didn't watch it until I was given the complete series on DVD's as a gift. I found it to be a masterpiece of drama. The development of characters was truly amazing. And Bryan Cranston's performance as Walter White in which he devolved from a meek mild high school teacher to an evil drug lord was extremely well done. His awards for the series were well deserved in my opinion.

Raymond Cruz has been one of my favorite actors for years and his short lived performances in the series were excellent. I enjoyed his acting in The Closer and Major Crimes as well.

Really, a well done TV series with imaginative plots and plot twists.

Last edited:
I've never watched either show, not a lot of TV for me anyway, but a few years back they did a show similar to Starksy and Hutch that was set in Houston... I watch a couple of episodes until one night the cowboy police had to make a run out to NASA for a crime by way of Sugarland.... which is to the southwest down highway 90. towards Austin & San Antonio... NASA is south towards Galveston... Houston police have no jurisdiction in either place.
Another show they were busting some customs officers for illegally exporting cars that had been stolen.... they went to a container yard a few miles towards Port Arthur... again, no jurisdiction.... and they wound up in a shoot out with U>S> Customs agents who as a general rule don't carry guns.
Dramatic license???
I gave up. Fortunately so did the show.

well I have never watch the show BUT due to this thread I watched the first few episode on Netflix last night. Not bad.
If you're like most people, the more you watch, the deeper and deeper you'll get sucked into it. Same with Better Call Saul, which is a prequel series by the same producer. It's also shot in Albuquerque.