Projects don't get much simpler than this.

Brett Luna

The Wife® and I picked up a hand-dyed/printed silk scarf in Chelan during our trip to Washington last year with the intention of displaying it as an art piece. Of course, here we are, four months later and I finally get around to making that possible...by making two sticks. With a groove in each. With a string attached to one of them. Woodworking at its finest, lemmetellya.

Purpleheart, finished with UV-resistant spray acrylic and paste wax. The silk is fixed in the grooves with a length of window screen spline.

89ca82b2e4b56e0286174a0f4a9c90ca.jpg

4a49e88269268b797108a0ec36d74b11.jpg

I like the window screen spline idea, readily available, mostly non-marring, cheap (!!! (y)) and should hold really well to! Sometimes the simple way is the smart way :)

It hangs amoungst friends on that beautiful orange wall.

Heh...that "La Fonda Sombrero" orange wall. One of our more daring paint choices. The 'friends' are part of our effort to collect more local art over the last few years and the landing seems to be the place a lot of it...lands. But with the addition of the silk scarf, I guess I have to expand the definition of "local" to the entire PNW.

Looks great, Brett. The window screen spline idea is brilliant. :thumb:

Thanks but it's someone else's brilliance. I bought Dona a batik-dyed wall hanging a few years ago that came with the top piece attached in that manner. However, it waved like a flag every time we walked by, so I made a duplicate to weigh the bottom down.

Attachments

• Batik Hanging.jpg
    Batik Hanging.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 13