Proud Hunter

True stories...

Local game warden (who I knew personally) pulled over a guy one town down from us that had a mule on the roof.. with a brand.. uncleaned.. the rancher had called it in when he saw the guy load it up and drive off. The "I thought it was a mule deer" didn't cut water very well. Most of us were impressed that he'd managed to get the whole thing up on his roof rack. I'm actually not sure if he believed it was a mule deer or not.

Two of my aunts were out riding horseback once and came around the corner to a row of hunters who had drawn down on them. "We saw the legs and thought it was a couple of moose". Unimpressed to say the least.

On the cow situation. we lost a few calves every year to poachers and I've cleaned out a few infected bullet wounds myself. One had been shot through the nose, poor little fellow. Poachers got short thrift in cow country...

True stories...

Local game warden (who I knew personally) pulled over a guy one town down from us that had a mule on the roof.. with a brand.. uncleaned.. the rancher had called it in when he saw the guy load it up and drive off. The "I thought it was a mule deer" didn't cut water very well. Most of us were impressed that he'd managed to get the whole thing up on his roof rack. I'm actually not sure if he believed it was a mule deer or not.

Two of my aunts were out riding horseback once and came around the corner to a row of hunters who had drawn down on them. "We saw the legs and thought it was a couple of moose". Unimpressed to say the least.

On the cow situation. we lost a few calves every year to poachers and I've cleaned out a few infected bullet wounds myself. One had been shot through the nose, poor little fellow. Poachers got short thrift in cow country...
Idiots do indeed live among us. :rolleyes: