Queen Elizabeth

I have to agree. I have never paid a lot of attention to the monarch,, thinking that is an English thing I'm American and we went to war to break away from that, but she was a Grand Lady, beautiful in her way from young age to old.. I watch the series Crown and totally enjoyed it.. And made me realize she was a grand statesperson... If there were more like her in this world it would be a better place. Got to give my condolences for her passing, and I really feel sadness for it... The next Monarch really has some very large shoes to fill..

There are many stories of how incredible she was. One of my favorites is that while she was serving in the army she drove an ambulance and part of the course she took in preparation was engine repair. She learned how to fix the trucks that were used.

Later in life she and the family were taking a trip to one of their properties and the vehicle transporting them broke down. The Queen of England crawled under the bus and fixed whatever was broken.

I don't know about you but that strikes me as remarkable.

Mom said today she was still in HS when the Queen became the Queen. It will be an education how the monarchy changes people. May she RIP.
I was just under 10 years old when she became the queen and about 11 when she was crowned....

I've kinda followed her the last few years as news reported on the family .... Not sure of my knowledge here but I believe that UK has a constitutional government now that acknowledges the monarchy, but monarchy has little to do with the actual governing of the country.
I'm sorry to see anyone especially someone as grand and she seemed to be pass away.... my sympathy to her family.