Quick macbook stand

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
At work my macbook has been sitting up on the box it came in for the past few months. I decided it was time to get it up where I didn't have to lean down to see it. I don't recall the thingiverse file for it, but I plan to re-do the four spanning pieces so that I can splay the sides out at the bottom a little as the gaps were wider than my plywood and it tends to wobble a little.
2019-02-19 21.51.06.jpg 2019-02-19 21.57.23.jpg

Between the height and the angle of the base it raised the monitor about 6" or so. I use a bluetooth connected keyboard/mouse, so the wobble currently isn't a problem.
2019-02-20 09.40.34.jpg

That looks handy. I need to make something like that for the tablet I use as the PA mixing console with the band. I actually have two tablets...one on my mic stand and the spare being charged on my equipment rack behind me. (They are cheap Android tablets, and the batteries don't last for a full show.) I use either of them at any given time, depending on where I happen to be standing at the time. The one on the rack would benefit from being tilted a bit.