Really? What is wrong with you?

I used to read books. I really loved Peter Jenkins walk across America and all the rest of his books. I also loved all of Bill Brysons books. Lots of others as well, some reread several times. I read a fair amount of technical stuff. I read a lot of stuff online. My wife reads knidle books, I cound never get into the knidle though I have tried.

My daughter in law is teaching the granskids to read. So they all read tons of books. Abe is 4 and Elenor is 9 The other two are between the ages. It is really surprising some of the books they are reading.

I may try a book on my Tablet, it's been a while.

Elevator doesn't go to the top floor
A few fries short of a happy meal
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer
A few feet short of a yard
Not playing with a full deck
Maybe it's a southwest saying but . . . A taco slid off his combo plate.

This is why I have to force myself to throw things out. I hate to dump things into the landfill that someone may find valuable but sometimes the binding responsibility for "those people" makes me just shrug and chuck it.

Maybe it's a southwest saying but . . . A taco slid off his combo plate.

This is why I have to force myself to throw things out. I hate to dump things into the landfill that someone may find valuable but sometimes the binding responsibility for "those people" makes me just shrug and chuck it.
If no offers come in - hard to believe at that price - I'll just stack them on the curb with a "FREE" sign. I'll not have the $40, but they won't hit the landfill either.

I don't read actual books anymore, it's much easier to carry around my Fire Kindle with 134 books on it....
For the most part I read on Kindle also. I am taking a break and reading the words on paper pages for the Game of Thrones books.
For the last couple of years I have been reading the space soap operas from Amazon; you know the ones where you get 8 or 9 books for $.99. I love those series and some of these new authors are extremely imaginative. Escapism at its best.

I read mostly space sci-fi now
I have (checks) just over a thousand books in that category. Let me know if you want to trade suggestions hehe.

Historic Fiction
Only maybe 200-300 there.

Side suggestion here that you both might like, If you haven't read "Doctor Mirabilis" by James Blish it's very good (and very very unlike everything else Blish wrote). It's definitely in the historical fiction camp, but with a heavy dose of science.

I'm personally fond of dead trees... I had (have.. somewhere) a kindle but haven't used it in so long I forgot the password.

I did do a run of gutenburg and archive.org there is SO much there might be worth another round.

Some of you might also find this collection interesting: http://www.survivorlibrary.com/library-download.html