Reclaimed furniture

Al killian

If you are intrested starting in the am I can start posting on the progress as I build furniture for a cleint out of pallets. This is going to be a on going thing that hopefully keeps me busy for a long time.

ofcourse Im interested. what kind of silly question is that?

Ive used some white oak from pallets, and some ash, but I find most of the pallets have cracked pieces and was way too much for me to take apart and get enough useful pieces.

I look foward to this.

People do some really interesting things with pallet-wood. I would definitely like to see pics and follow your activities. There's just something quirky and fun about building tings out of pallets.

Sorry things came up and had to go to town for a meeting with the historic comity. I manged to get a few pallets torn down. Build will start tommrow morning.

Well, this begs my first question, having tried to tear down some pallets to make something, how do you do it? The nail, fasteners or whatever in the pallets I had were not made to come out.

When I was building CBG's, I tried to get a contest started on building a guitar using only wood salvaged from pallets. Before we started a guy posted pictures of some real guitars he had made using only pallet wood. The rest of us all ran!! The y were beautiful guitars.

Sorry for the delay. Some of you know that I have back problems. I have been laid up with back acting up and migraines. Spent the day in the shop getting some of it milled up and glued. My gf helped me pull nails. I used a saz all with a demo blade and ripped thru the nails. Tommrow hopefully I will get the book case finish glued up and ready to go. Then on to the end table. I still have 8 more pallets to rip apart. This cleint wants the weathered side out to show of the rustic look. Here are a few picks to get started.

http://s78.beta.photobucket.com/user/Al_Killian/library/