Rv power

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
With it getting hotter and still needing to finish up a few rv projects, I need the ac running. I have a 50 amp plug in the shop, but didn't have a good way to run a cord into it.

So I ordered a rv access door and cut a hole in the sidewall of the shop.
20210620_164547.jpg 20210620_164540.jpg

I had to order two 25' extension cords to reach the driveway, along with my main 36' cord. To protect the plugs from the rain this week, I sacrificed a couple of plastic shoe boxes.
20210620_164601.jpg
20210620_164613.jpg
20210620_164623.jpg

I'm only keeping it at 85* in there, but certainly much cooler in there.

Last edited:
Those extension cords aren't cheap, are they? I bought one to use between my generator and the house and almost had a heart attack when they told me the price, and you bought two of them $$$$.

Charley

No, they are not, and technically I've bought three of them. One didn't arrive and still isn't showing as shipped, so I searched around and found one locally. I'll cancel or return the other since it was coming from Amazon, but they are making me wait another day yet.

I like your shoe box rain cover, but set it up in the air a bit on bricks, just in case of high tide during a surprise heavy rain fall. It does rain there sometimes and when it does, it's usually significant. BTDT.

Charley