Same mistake three times

These things happen when one doesn't plan ahead a project until the end, before putting hands to work.
I wanted to make a tilting saw till thise weekend, looked for videos on youtube, watched Rob Cosman's one, and thougth: "Yeah I.ll go for it"

To make things short, I have three Adria saws, and I measured everything and so forth. made the three casings and just right now I realise that the top tip of the handles portrudes more than the top edge of the casing.

I wanted them to be within a virtual rectangle that would go from the teeth to the top tip of the handle. This doesn't render then useless but it is not what I wanted.
dang!
To make things worse, the fact is that I had enough room to do the initial idea, but at some point I got lost wanting lo leave plenty of room so that the teeth would not touch the edge of the blade groove, that I forgot about the handle. (see last pic) :bang::bang::bang::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:
IMG_6413.JPG

IMG_6414.JPGIMG_6415.JPG
IMG_6416.JPG

To make things worse, the fact is that I had enough room to do the initial idea, but at some point I got lost
I think we have all done this at one time or another. I agree that it is especially painful when you realize that you could have done it the way you wanted; you weren't forced to do what you did by limits in material or dimensions. The saws still look very comfortable in their new home and if you decide to go back and do a version 2 you will have had the experience of this build. I always try to look for a silver lining when I goof :sneaky:

I looked at Cosman's video and it appears that he has the top horn exposed above the saw blade sheath just like yours. I did wonder why he did that as then everything would rest against the horn unless you hollowed space out in the cabinet it would sit in. Maybe he did that, it was hard to tell. I see horns broken off on many older saws, mostly I suppose from dropping them, but I don't think I would want the saw resting against it. Still, it is a very compact design with the tilt-out feature. Nice.

I will put up with those for the moment while I finish properly the other three that I need to make for my veritas gent's saws and my recently posted gramercy dovetail saw. If in the future I find myself grunting each timen I see them, I might make version 2 as Glenn suggests. Stay tuned.