Sanding Tool

steve ramsey

Thinking of making a sanding tool along the lines of the Sorby Sandmaster but simpler. I'm thinking two rods either threaded or barbed with a machined flat surface for a bolt to go thru. I should be able to turn a head piece and glue a Velcro disc or foam pad to it. I can see what I want to do but I don't know the term for the metal parts.
1606479730373.png

I wish I had a machine shop with a small CNC metal cutting machine and a small CNC metal lathe. Then I could make small metal parts like what I see in there. I have also run across so many other things. I cannot set up a small machine shop for several reasons, but WOW it would be so nice.

I do like that tool, looks very friendly, I can think of alternative designs as well.

I like it.

There was a Youtube video out for a while with a young German turner that showed how to make a sander like that... look up "marius homberger, sanding tool"
on Youtube... he does a pretty good job of explaining and I think you can down load the plans.

Also Captn Eddie Costelin sells a device that you can make one pretty quickly using a magnetic steel ball and a little sleeve you insert into a turned handle... that works very well.