SCORE

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if I've mentioned SCORE (Service Corps Of Retired Executives) before, but thought some of you that have small businesses or are thinking of staring a small business may benefit from them.

What is Score?
SCORE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Thanks to this generous support from the SBA and because of the selfless contributions of our more than 10,000 dedicated volunteers, we are able to deliver most of our offerings at no cost.

My wife and did a few of their business classes and even met with a mentor to discuss our business plan when starting out photo booth company a few years back. Everything was free. The mentor was able to point us in the right direction on a couple of topics. We simply called them and requested to be paired with a mentor, he contacted us and setup a time to meet over coffee at a local McDonalds. The mentor himself had ran a small business for many years, sold it, and retired.

Most of the offices have have resources to help someone organize and even work with the SBA to get a business loan. Our local one has a few lawyers that volunteer time to help with legal needs at no cost.

Anyway, just wanted to put it out there, they have offices all over the US, just search on their website. :wave:

https://www.score.org/