Screen lock preventer

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
My brother and his wife did a drive by the other day and chatted in the driveway responsibly. He's working from home also. He mentioned that his company has a policy on their computers to lock their screens after just a few minutes of inactivity. He keeps a wrist watch with a second hand at his desk to set the mouse on when he gets up for a break.

I gave it a try today and works like a charm, didn't have to unlock my screen other than first thing this morning. ;)
2020-04-16 16.47.58.jpg
2020-04-16 16.47.50.jpg

This idea is just too cool! I gotta make me one of those to keep my company computer unlocked! I work from home with just me and my wife so no reason for the computer to lock me out after 3 minutes.

Jack

Asking out of ignorance (of which I have plenty), does the slight movement keep the mouse activated?
Correct, the second hand keeps the mouse sensing movement. Of course you need a mouse with the light on the bottom, not the ball. ;)

Bill, I had heard the term Mouse Jiggler, but thought it was software based. Of course most of us with these policies aren't allowed to install that software, so thought this was a good trick.

That is hilarious. Talk about a SteamPunk solution to Big Brother. When I cared (pre-retirement), managed desktops were the bane of my existence. A necessary evil but, oh so easy to do poorly.