Shaker wall clock

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I’ve built this design before, and documented it here, so I did not think to chronicle the build this time. This one is a little different. The customer wanted it to be a little larger than the original design. This version is about 2 inches taller and wider and, obviously, is cherry, not walnut. Also, he wanted a glass panel in the door and a pendulum movement. I did not like the standard brass pendulum rod so I made one from cherry.

It ships out tomorrow to North Carolina in a crate made specifically for this clock. Hard to find boxes this size!

f0686b7755b3863b6724af398ef97f9f.jpg

ef2d124f7348dcd6476985d056cfd954.jpg

51e49edde6efbce163431eef541cbe53.jpg

6721a7fe51e687c3290b30e27ccadc96.jpg

Beautiful clock Rennie, really like that back panel's grain contrast. The wood pendulum was a good choice too. :thumb:

The back panel was my idea. Normally I would look for some striking grain for the raised panel that would have been in the door. I don’t care much for the glass door myself so I wanted to punch it up a little.

She looks great Rennie. Keep up the good work. It looks like folks are starting to know who you are ;-)

P.s. Dad says hi as well.

Another great piece, Rennie. :clap: Top-notch work as usual.

I double-dog dare you to Photoshop a clock face on the picture of your shipping crate and send it to your customer with a comment that only says "Done!" :D

Just heard from the customer - the clock arrived in one piece! :highfive::bliss:

He was very happy, which makes me happy.

[FONT=&quot]"We received the clock today. It is beautiful! We could not be more pleased. The craftsmanship is exquisite (heck, the packing crate is a masterpiece.)"[/FONT]