Shoe Repair

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I used to have some boots re-soled from time to time, but been years since I've worn out a set with my desk job. I have a pair that is probably getting close though.

Anyway, this popped up after another video I was watching this morning, thought it was cool to see the restoration process.

I recently tried to get a pair of cowboy boots re-soled and all the local places wanted half as much as a new pair of boots for half soles and heel repair. I ended up building up the rolled over heels with shoe goo. It worked great to extend the life of my running shoes, and so far, it's working on the boots. I think I will bring them to Oklahoma next time I go and see if the repair places out there are cheaper.

My last experience with getting some boots resoled is like Ted's. Way too expensive versus just buying new ones. It's a shame, actually. I imagine with today's market it is becoming a lost art. It's great watching those who still do it.

My last experience with getting some boots resoled is like Ted's. Way too expensive versus just buying new ones. It's a shame, actually. I imagine with today's market it is becoming a lost art. It's great watching those who still do it.
That may depend on the price of the boots... I have a pair that's close to 20 years old that have tops so soft they collapse if I'm not in them to hold them up... haven't found anything like them under $200 and up.... $50 or $60 for new soles might be worth it.
Anyway, I hate to buy new clothes... I get comfortable and familiar with what I have and don't like to change (Plus I tend to be a little cheap).

I have a pair of cowboy boots that I have had for around 45 or 50 years. I've had then resoled a couple times, didn't use to be quite as expensive, but still was a bill to ponder. I still can wear the boots and do, they fit my feet, they feel like part of me... One thing I think has kept them nice, I have never polished them with a wax polish, I have always used a cream.

Part of my bringing up was taking care of my hunting boots. Only reason we would get new ones was if we out grew them. We greased them with "Bear grease". I still have a can and still grease my boots a couple times a year.