sit'n in the ER

I think you are past the worst part, but do what the doctors tell you. Two of my closer friends were infected just before Christmas. Both went to the hospital on January 4. One is doing well at home but infected both his wife and son before discovering that he had it. The other held on in the hospital for 2 weeks, but then died this past Saturday. He went steadily downhill and did not respond to the treatments. I think you are one of the lucky ones if you made it this far.

Charley

I don't know why but the death of loved ones and friends to this virus bothers me to the core. Charles sorry for the loss of you friend.
Overall this virus is some bad stuff. Don you are one of the "lucky" ones to not get the reaally bad stuff. If there is such a thing.
The best of luck in healing.
David

Dave I attribute my "Being Lucky " to getting into the ER early and getting the infusion, they can only do it IF they catch it early enough and they only will do it IF the virus has spread to the lungs. I was within 72 hours of having being symptomatic and it had spread to the lung but it was early and had not developed pneumonia. Once you get pneumonia the infusion doesn't help.

well I think I can discontinue the up dates because it looks like I'll live. I woke up this morning actually feeling not to bad, just a head ache and cough and a head cold so I won't bore you further with this silly updates. All I can say is thank God for the infusion of "Bamlanivimab", I think it is what made all the difference. Stay healthy out there.

Keep in touch Don, one day isn't the end of time and we all want to hold on that you're doing well al out to the far side of it!

glad to hear you're having a good day!

Don, I want you to get better. That is the #1 priority. If you are looking for something to occupy your mind, then I am working on Fusion to design and build a fixture. I have already designed the fixture, but I am now trying to create my first CNC program. I managed to get the slot toolpath done. Now I am trying to get the initial "safe" positions and the starting position for the CNC program set up.

I have two setups. One tool same tool for both. One does the slotting, and one does a hole.

My Z zero is X0 Y0. I want the starting z to be 4".

How do I setup the SAFE starting place, then post both tools in one posted CNC program.
Leo there is a way to set up the z height for tool changes I am told in the preferences but I haven't had a chance to play with that. I found that it was just as easy to set the clearance height for whatever height you want the Z to go to at the end of the operation it defaults to .4 but you could just as easily change it to 4. Then the post will retract the Z to 4 inches at the end of the operation. Does that Make sense ?

well I did find out one thing and that it is going to take a while to get back to normal. I spent an hour yesterday putting away some of the Christmas decorations this involved getting up and down a step ladder about 2 steps several time and putting stuff in boxes and putting away a few boxes. after an hour I was totally fatigued in just one hour and today I still am felling the effects so I guess I just have to be patent and wait before doing any chores.

well another day and no worse, can't say I am much better either, I have very little energy but they say I need to be up and around so I try to do little things, the cough persists still some congestion not any real fever and no aching joints. the head aches are not as bad and as a result I am able to tolerate then with very little tylonol. I guess it'll just take it own sweet time.

just a final update. it is now day 12 and although I am not 100% I am much better and well on the road to recovery. Now the only symptoms I have are more like a head cold. My sense of taste is still somewhat recovered and I don't have as much energy as I would like but other than that I am over it for the most part. At least I no longer am in isolation and now can proceed to get my life back together and move on to a new chapter.

Don, so good to read of a recovery. Keep on taking small bites. It is just like eating an elephant, one bite at a time. Be careful on ladders please. If able, do the boxing, get a younger person to be on the ladder, you can hand up to them but stay on the floor. Keep us informed, you are family here and we are very interested in your welfare.

So glad to hear this Don. You’re in my thoughts a lot through this. As others have said, slow and steady wins the race.

My sense of taste is still somewhat recovered
You should probably test for sure by picking up some In-n-Out for yourself. ;) Good to hear you're starting to feel better.

Out of the 7 folks my parents were at breakfast with when they got exposed, 3 of them passed from it. The person that had originally tested negative and actually had it, then my dad, and another friend's husband that was there. The person that tested negative, her only symptoms were a few upper body aches, but given age wasn't out of the ordinary.

You should probably test for sure by picking up some In-n-Out for yourself. ;) Good to hear you're starting to feel better.

Out of the 7 folks my parents were at breakfast with when they got exposed, 3 of them passed from it. The person that had originally tested negative and actually had it, then my dad, and another friend's husband that was there. The person that tested negative, her only symptoms were a few upper body aches, but given age wasn't out of the ordinary.
Might just have to try one out, double double animal style but with a lettuce wrap instead of a bun to keep it Keto... :unsure: ;)